New build issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build issue

My son (not Rooster) has been buying pc parts for a while to build a top of the line PC. We got him the last part for xmas and I have been putting it together. I noticed in games I am getting an odd stuttering and I am not 100% sure what is causing it. I don't have the specs at the moment but I am wondering if it is an issue with the ssd?
    Surely it can't be graphical. I've tried Overwatch and The Forest with the same results. Lowering settings doesn't seem to change anything. I have never had an ssd which is why I am asking you guys. Any thoughts?
    My steam workshop

I would suspect the network drivers. Make sure you have all of the OEM drivers you can find. I do not trust MS drivers.

Comment

I can do a web meeting/screen sharing to help if you want? Let me know.

Comment

Windows 10 fixed the stuttering so it was either a software issue or ms refusing to support newer processors with anything other than Win10.
        My steam workshop

Comment

That Windows 10, that is a smart MFer

Comment

I'm not a fan of windows 10. If they didn't pull out the "your new hardware will only be supported by win10" bullshit I would have left 7 on there. Really it was just 1 simple stutter issue I couldn't figure out that kinda forced me to switch so I could have his pc built and game worthy by xmas.
            But it's running. The downside is now i've seen just how slow and outdated my pc is now that i've used his.
            I'll get some pics up of the build soon.
            My steam workshop

Comment

Working...
            X