Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mistakes are at least something I can correct...so far.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mistakes are at least something I can correct...so far.

Obviously the ram installation went well. That shit's easy.
    The water cooler on the other hand was something.
    For some reason I don't have a fan option of that very common size on my mid tower. A pretty beefy tower. I am gonna take some pictures to show the lengths I went to in order to make this work.
    I had a custom cooler on it already (a HUMONGOUS beast of a fan/grill combo). When I went to attack the new one I noticed I no longer had the stock backplate since I took it off some 7 years ago to add the fan. I ended up having to make rubber washers in order to make it work.
    Once I got through that was when I noticed the radiator/fans was not gonna fit and from there it just got interesting.

But, the good news is it did work. And seems to be running pretty well. I might even mess with a little overclocking.
    Last edited by eternal; 03-06-2018, 03:42 PM.
    My steam workshop

Don't push it man! Want to have some good game this weekend.

Comment

Still getting blue screens, sometimes it won't boot properly, it just restarted randomly on me. Other times it plays fine. I had no trouble this weekend and no trouble last night and I was in 2 games.
      I swapped out my ram with Rooster to see if the problem moves with it. That should shed some light on the problem.
      I really hope it isn't more hardware. My computer is just too old to keep throwing more money (which I don't have) into it.
      If it isn't the memory I guess I have to start looking at the cooler I got but that seems to be fine. I've been monitoring temps and what not. I guess it's possible that something else was fucked up when the memory went. I would assume at that point the motherboard or processor would be suspect.

Good times.
      My steam workshop

Comment

I think I figured it out. I am trying not to be overly positive but it seems to be ok. Fucking stupid shit too. A few registry tweaks and a few bios settings later and I hope I am blue screen free. Those constant lock ups started really pissing me off. Kinda ruined gaming for me a bit.
        My steam workshop

Comment

That is good news. Registry entries and bios settings? What ever happened to plug and play.
          Well I am glad you did not give up.
          Does this mean you will be playing tonight?

Comment

Working...
          X