HQ texture pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ texture pack

Not sure if you guys have seen this but someone is going over some of the textures, lighting, and environment and the result is pretty sweet. I will see if I can find a youtube vid or something showing it off. I was thinking about getting it but I don't have the rig to run it so I figured it could interest you guys.

It's called HDHQ Overhaul. It's probably easiest to get with the 7 Days to Die Launcher. This makes it very easy to install and upgrade mods.

And here is a video of a guy who just installed it...he also goes through some of the settings needed so it's worth a watch if you want to try this out.

My steam workshop

Installing this now, will take some screenshots, this looks very cool from the video

Comment

Sweet, let me know how it works. Are you installing it through the mod launcher or just downloading and installing?
      My steam workshop

Comment

I installed it through ModLauncher and started up the game - honestly, I do not see that great of a difference. The textures of some things looked a little better, but not to the point of excitement or anything. I give it a 1/4 boner
        Last edited by Frogger; 01-09-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

A quarter of an inch then. A quarter of an ANGRY inch!
          I will try to install it and see if it does anything for me.

Comment

1/4 boner...so the whole thing then.

I wonder why you aren't noticing any changes. Are the trees different? No different look to the textures or lighting? I know there are some ingame settings that need to be adjusted with this that could be part of it or maybe your rig is just good enough you won't notice anything but I assumed the guy in the vid has a good one also.
            It's supposed to work with pre existing maps so I don't know.

Maybe Thrasher will have some luck.
            My steam workshop

Comment

I know for some of these mods you have to launch the game from the modlauncher for the mods to work. This is because it makes a copy of your game install so it doesn't mess up your main install.
              My steam workshop

Comment

I did launch from the mod launcher and started the game. I did see a nice difference in wood texture on buildings, and the tree's likely look a little better. I will post pics tonight, I did take some while playing but got caught up in my game.

And yes - for everyone's edification, my penis when erect is only 25% the size of a healthy, normal penis - but the dame thing is 8" wide, so everyone is happy

Comment

Originally posted by eternal View Post
                  1/4 boner...so the whole thing then.

I wonder why you aren't noticing any changes. Are the trees different? No different look to the textures or lighting? I know there are some ingame settings that need to be adjusted with this that could be part of it or maybe your rig is just good enough you won't notice anything but I assumed the guy in the vid has a good one also.
                  It's supposed to work with pre existing maps so I don't know.

Maybe Thrasher will have some luck.
                  This is for 4K / 2K, maybe if you don't have a 4K monitor you will not notice it.
                  I am trying now and I will let you know. I have 4K monitor, but will probably just install the 2k version since that is what I play in.

Comment

Ahhh - I installed the 4k version. I took screenshots last night but cannot find them for some reason, and I did not hear any sound when pressing f12 - maybe launching from the mod launcher disables Steam settings?

Installing the 2k version now and will see what it looks like

Comment

F12 does not work when running the game from mod launcher

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                        Ahhh - I installed the 4k version. I took screenshots last night but cannot find them for some reason, and I did not hear any sound when pressing f12 - maybe launching from the mod launcher disables Steam settings?

Installing the 2k version now and will see what it looks like
                        Do you have a monitor that will display at 2k? 1440p

I can't remember what monitor you have.

Comment

I think it looks better, I couldn't join our server because it said I needed to enable anticheat, I need to figure out how to do that with the mod tool.

Comment

It looks better, but not WOW better IMHO. The zombies pretty much looks the same to me, just some textures on the wood grains. I'd have to go into both back to back to see the diffs.

Yes, my monitor is 2k, sadly not 4k

Comment

I don't think it did anything about the zombies. This was more the environment. Lighting, trees, ground textures and the like.
                              Originally posted by Mod Author
                              A Visual Overhaul. 4K/2K Terrain Textures. New grass/water Textures. Lighting Overhaul. Environment Overhaul. Gun skins.
                              I tried the 2k version after reading some people noticed an fps increase (he uses lower poly trees so he can get more of them ingame) and I can tell a difference. Specifically the sand in the desert, the trees, stuff like that. It's like a facelift at 50, don't need one but it can't hurt to look a little better.

Looks like eac needs to be turned off for this.
                              My steam workshop

Comment

Working...
                              X