Frog Hopper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frog Hopper

I didn't plan this ship and it came out WEIRD! I really like it though. My intention was to make a mobile base you could fly down and just leave on a planet. It's just large enough for 3 crew and capable of having a ship land on top of it where i've made a landing pad. It also features motion sensor lighting that comes on automatically when you enter the ship and I've scripted the door and down ramp to open/close together when the switch is used. It has all the amenities place able in an SV and has warp capability.

Here is the interior of the ship. It's pretty roomy. I managed to get all the amenities in the walls and conveniently accessible. Since it's a round ship I couldn't get a very good screenshot of the interior.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709212800_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	781

Here is the front of the ship. Trust me this does NOT do it justice. It really needs to be seen in game.

Name:	20180709213042_1.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	782

I also used a matching color scheme with the Manta I already made and the manta fits perfectly on the top landing pad of the Frog Hopper.

Name:	20180709215808_1.jpg
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	783

That's it. They are kind of inexpensive since they don't come with weaponry but they do require 1 or 2 harder to find materials. They aren't really gonna be anyone's first ship but would make a pretty nice jump from there. The Frog Hopper would make a pretty amazing base I think. It may need more storage but that would be easy to accomplish.
    My steam workshop

Wow, that is amazing dude. Must have taken quite a bit of trial and error and a lot of work, but great concept. I love it!

Comment

Thanks. It was LOADS of work. Th design and everything isn't so complicated but getting everything just right and painting every little nook and cranny was exhausting. I build the ship first completely, then started painting it. I noticed I had to take most of the placeables back out to paint behind them and that was after I had already implemented the scripts for the doors, ramps, and lights. But it was worth it. I have a pretty sweet duo of kinda cheap ships I hope to use in our games. The base will be fantastic once we start mining off planet and need somewhere we can work from.

Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.
      My steam workshop

Comment

That is too cool. Man I wish i had the time to play around with this stuff.
        I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so it won't be too long.

Can we create a sandbox server where we can import these object just to check them out?
        I could bring a server up. Do you know if there is a way to export and import custom ships? I believe you can upload it to steam workshop, maybe then we could import to a sandbox server and check all this cool shit out.

Comment

You can pretty easily fire up a creative mode server. I think there are even a few scenarios for creative. Hell I think you can even start games coop after you've started creative and vice versa. Don't even really need deicated for this.
          Other than the workshop.im not sure how to share them but in creative we can just make a bunch and party up frog style.
          Next up...a capital vessel to house all this goodness.
          My steam workshop

Comment

I fired up a creative the other day, so I could quickly lay down a ship and try to get my joystick to work properly.
            The games joystick support is pretty bad, and I had to setup macro's in my Saitek control software. Even then it does not work real well.
            Hopefully they will improve this area. They should have one screen for keyboard, mouse and joystic, so you can decide which options you want for one or all of your devices.
            Plus there needs to be sensitivity settings for mouse and joystick separately.
            I should put in a request, but I am pretty sure others have done so already.

Comment

Working...
            X